I am sure that nobody wants to have smelly, oily hair with a flaky scalp!
In this article, I will be explaining what scalp buildup is exactly, how to clean it, and how to prevent it from happening using home remedies.
Buildup on the scalp is a common issue that many people deal with. It can appear like dandruff, acne, or just an unpleasant smell. This happens when an oily secretion (sebum) accumulates alongside dead skin cells, hair products, and sweat on the scalp.
Scalp buildup does not happen overnight, it builds up over time and takes a good number of hair products, and a few classes at the gym for it to happen, and a bath on its own does not get rid of this buildup, you need a proper dry scalp treatment.
Examples of hair products that accumulate on the scalp:
- Styling gel
There are a number of ways that you can remove buildup from the scalp, continue reading to learn what they are.
I want to clean my scalp and keep it clean, here’s how:
Home remedies are the easiest when it comes to getting rid of buildup. You may need to try a number of methods in order for you to find what suits you best!
Washing your hair with shampoo and rinsing away conditioner won’t do the trick, instead, you need to do a deep cleanse at least once a month to keep the buildup to a minimum.
7 hair care tips and tricks to maintain a healthy and clean scalp:
- Use a scalp exfoliator to break up the buildup and any dislodged debris or dandruff
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil to your shampoo while washing your hair
- Gently massage your scalp while washing your hair to help improve blood flow and the overall condition of your hair
- Choose a shampoo and conditioner that is suitable for your hair type
- Make your own scrub using salt and any vegetable oil and gently exfoliate your scalp
- Apply conditioner on your hair ends only and not onto the roots
- Brush your hair daily to keep it detangled
Surely, you don’t want to exfoliate your scalp every day… the best way to clean the scalp buildup is to use a clarifying shampoo. This type of shampoo has a pH level that is close to that of the scalp, which means it will not cause any damage. The shampoo will remove all the buildup and leave your hair more manageable.
Prevent scalp buildup by avoiding using excessive hair products, keeping your hair moisturized, and maintaining a healthy hair care routine.
1 thought on “7 Haircare Tips For Scalp Buildup”
Pingback: How to Weave The Perfect Knotless Braids - The Happy Mint
Comments are closed.