This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through the link.
Are you wondering if you can use essential oils for skincare? Or what essential oils to use for your skincare routine? If so, then this guide is for you!
What are essential oils and how can I use them in my skincare?
Essential oils, or EO for short, are a natural way to help you relax, sleep, or heal. They’re natural extracts that are taken from plants and roots.
They can be used in many different ways. You can use them for aromatherapy, massage therapy, to make your beauty products, or to add fragrance to your home.
There are many benefits associated with using them, such as reducing anxiety and depression, improving moods, and maintaining a healthy immune system.
Essential Oils and Skincare
In this section, we will explore the best essential oils for skin and hair, their benefits, how to use them, and some precautions.
We will also talk about some of the cautions that you should be aware of when using them on your skin.
EO are one of the best natural remedies for skincare.
They carry a lot of benefits and can be used in a variety of ways to get the desired results.
Here are just a few of the many ways they improve the health of your skin:
- Promote cell regeneration
- Fight acne
- Reduce the appearance of scars
- Prevent wrinkles
- Reduce redness and irritation
Their benefits for skincare are wide-ranging, so you’ll want to find the right product for you.
You want to use a product made with essential oils, but you also want to choose a gentle product for your skin.
It’s important to use a good quality product and to try out different products to see which ones work best for you.
You can find some here Phatoil Essential Oils
Here is a list of some of the best EOs for oily skin:
Here is a list of some of the best EOs for dry skin:
Here is a list of some of the best EOs for acne-prone skin:
- Tea Tree
Here is a list of some of the best EOs for sensitive skin:
Here is a list of some of the best EOs for aging skin:
- Clary Sage
Here is a list of some of the best EOs for pigmentation:
- Carrot Seed
Even though these oils are natural, they carry the potency of traditional medication.
Ask a doctor before using them if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, an older adult, or younger than 12, and do not try to treat any medical condition on your own.
There are some precautions that you should take when using essential oils though such as not applying them directly to the skin without diluting them first and considering doing a patch test before applying to the skin or any fabric.
Health Benefits of Using Essential Oils
They are natural and have a wide range of health benefits. They are said to have a positive effect on the mind, body, and soul.
Some of the health benefits of EOs are:
- Relieving stress and anxiety
- Aiding in sleep quality
- Relieving muscular pain
- Boosting immune system functioning
- Treating fungal infection
Relieving Stress and Anxiety, and Aiding Sleep Quality
Lavender EO is one of the best known for the calming and relieving effects it has on the body and mind. This oil will help relieve stress and anxiety, and will also aid in sleep quality.
Okay we know it’s beneficial but how can it be used to relieve stress and anxiety, and to aid in sleep quality?
Well, there are multiple ways in which lavender oil can help improve your health.
- Inhale. Apply a few drops on a cloth and inhale directly.
- Steam. Apply a few drops to a bowl of hot water, place a towel over your head, and inhale the steam deeply.
- Massage. Dilute a few drops with a carrier oil of your choice and gently massage into pressure points such as your temples, wrists, and forehead.
- Spray. Spray a mixture containing lavender essential oil onto your clothes before starting your day.
- Humidifier. Add a few drops to the water tank of your humidifier, after you have checked the manufacturer’s directions.
- Bath. Add a few drops to your body wash. Or you can find the “Relaxing Blend Shower Steamer” from this list of Wellness Tools
Boosting Immune System Functioning and Treating Fungal Infection
It is not difficult to boost your immune system functioning using essential oils since many of them have antibacterial, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and antimicrobial properties.
Here are the best EOs to boost immune system functioning:
How do you boost your immune system using these oils?
- Massage. Dilute a few drops of eucalyptus EO with a carrier oil of your choice and gently rub on the bottom of your feet.
- Diffuse. Diffuse 3 drops of eucalyptus, 2 drops of frankincense, and 1 drop of peppermint essential oils regularly.
- Steam. Apply a few drops of any EO of your choice from the list above to a bowl of hot water, place a towel over your head, and inhale the steam deeply.
Essential Oils For Haircare
Are you noticing an increase in hair loss as a result of your lifestyle habits?
Are you experiencing an increased amount of hair thinning as you grow older?
Well, essential oils might be of help!
The best way to incorporate essential oils into your haircare routine is by adding them to your conditioner.
Here are some of the best EOs for hair growth:
- Tea Tree
Essential Oils and Pregnancy
The ultimate question is: IS IT SAFE TO USE ESSENTIAL OILS WHILE PREGNANT?
The simple answer is: it depends.
Depends on what, you might ask.
Well, it depends on a few factors as follows:
- Quality. It is highly recommended to use a high-grade essential oil.
- Amount. Start with one drop of essential oil to test your tolerance and gradually increase the quantity if needed.
- Use. First and foremost, essential oils must not be ingested. Secondly, applying undiluted essential oils directly onto your skin is not recommended as they can cause skin irritation and rash.
- Ask. Before using any essential oils you must consult with your doctor first.
You can find this book very useful, it has everything the soon-to-be mother needs to know about essential oils!
Essential Oils for Maternal Wellness by Stephanie McBride
Essential Oil Guide
Here is a basic essential oil dilution formula that you can follow for any skin condition or type. However, you can find a detailed guide for beginners that walks you through the essential oil journey step by step: Everyday Essentials Beginners Guide
Essential oils blend recipes
Essential oils are a great way to enhance your beauty regimen, prevent illnesses, or simply relax.
From hair growth to boosting your immunity, you can’t miss out on the benefits of these magic plant potions!