Top 9 Products of Honey in Skincare
“Honey in skincare instead of my cup of tea?!” “Can honey be harmful to the skin?” “Can we apply honey daily to the skin?” “Is raw honey good for my skin?” “Does honey make you look older/younger?”
If these questions come up in your head whenever you think about raw honey in skincare, and if you’re looking for the best honey-infused products to add to your skincare routine that will do wonders for your skin, look no further, this article is your answer!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through the link.
Honey is an ingredient that has existed since the beginning of time, it is something special and it is used all over the world.
When I was younger I remember when I got stung by a bee I always went to my mother and she would put some honey on my wound. She said it would speed up the recovery process.
My mother was right!
Today, bee honey is a part of skincare products in all the luxurious brands we know and love, from the best butter to shampoos and moisturizing lotions, honey is being written about in every magazine and praised for its great skincare qualities.
You can use honey just like you would use sugar, but don’t go overboard as one tablespoon goes a long way.
Note: if you are allergic to pollen or any bee-related products, stay away from honey, and always remember to consult with your dermatologist before adding any new ingredient to your skincare routine.
Benefits of honey for skin
Honey is the nectar of plants, which is why it’s such a powerful ingredient. Applying honey to your skin will actually do wonders!
The benefits of honey are plentiful, as an emollient, honey is said to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines while moisturizing the skin at the same time.
It also has antibacterial properties that make it great for treating acne and preventing bacteria from growing in your products.
Honey is a natural humectant, which means it draws moisture from the air and holds onto it when applied topically. This makes it an excellent ingredient in skincare products designed to hydrate and soothe skin. But not all kinds of honey are created equal—some have added chemicals or preservatives that can do more harm than good.
Honey helps your body’s healing process, so it can help heal and face acne scars when used as a spot treatment.
So if you are looking to try out some new skincare products with high-quality honey in them or just want to know what they are, then here is a list of some of the best ones on the market:
1. SKINFOOD – Royal Honey Propolis Enrich Essence
- Skin Food is a Korean beauty brand.
- Royal honey propolis enrich essence is a hydrating toner that can be applied to the face and neck.
- It’s made with 83% propolis (63% PRO-SHIELD: Aged Propolis extract, 10% Royal Jelly extract, and 10% Black Honey extract)
- It’s meant to build a firm barrier for nourished and moisturized skin.
- In addition to strengthening the skin barrier, it is also meant to leave the skin glowing and smooth, reduce redness, and keep the skin hydrated.
- The brand recommends applying it after using face wash, by using the dropper to dispense and applying it all over the face and neck, patting until completely absorbed.
2. Kiehl’s Creme de Corps Soy Milk and Honey Whipped Body Butter
This body butter contains a generous amount of honey, as well as soy milk, to moisturize and nourish the skin.
It can be used on the face and body but is especially good for dry skin that has lost its elasticity or has developed rashes or redness.
The ingredients will help improve your skin’s health by healing minor irritations such as eczema or psoriasis. You can also use it on dermatitis because of its soothing properties.
3. BeeFriendly Nourishing Cream
With beeswax, shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil, avocado oil, and olive oil all making up the base of this product’s ingredients list—the all-natural botanical extracts in it are just a bonus.
The BeeFriendly Nourishing Cream is free of parabens (a preservative), sulfates (used in shampoos), and phthalates (used in nail polish).
The product also is not tested on animals and contains no synthetic dyes or fragrances.
It does contain castor oil which some people may find problematic due to its relation to ricinoleic acid—a substance that can cause skin sensitization reactions ranging from redness or itching at low levels up through serious burns with contact at higher levels according to the European Commission’s Scientific Committee on Consumer Products.
However, castor bean seeds have been used safely for centuries as a food source so presumably, any potential risk would be minimal if present at all
4. Soapbox Body Wash in Honey and Oat
This body wash is a natural, gentle product.
It’s made with honey and oat extracts, both known for their calming benefits.
The body wash is safe for all skin types and is hypoallergenic.
It’s also soap- and fragrance-free, so you can use it every day without worrying about irritation from scents or ingredients.
Plus, it’s cruelty-free: no animal testing was done during its development—so you can feel good about supporting this brand!
5. Manuka Doctor Apiclear Purifying Facewash
When you’re shopping for products with honey in skincare, keep an eye out for Manuka Doctor Apiclear Purifying Facewash.
It contains both the anti-inflammatory properties of Manuka honey and the antibacterial properties of Manuka oil.
- Manuka honey is a natural anti-inflammatory, which means it can reduce redness and swelling due to acne breakouts or even sunburns.
- Manuka honey contains natural antibacterial properties that help fight against bad bacteria on your skin, especially if they lead to breakouts or infections like acne or dermatitis.
- In addition to these benefits, Manuka honey also acts as an antiseptic when applied topically—meaning it prevents diseases from spreading through your body by killing harmful microbes before they become an issue!
6. Burt’s Bees Hydrating Water Gel Moisturizer with Clary Sage
- Moisturizes skin with a gel-cream formula that absorbs quickly without leaving behind any greasy residue.
- Lightweight, non-irritating moisturizer for sensitive skin.
- No parabens, phthalates, or petrolatum. Also vegan and gluten-free!
- Cruelty-free: no animal testing or animal-derived ingredients (including beeswax). Plus it’s free of artificial fragrance (which can be irritating to some people), so you can rest assured that this product won’t cause any allergies or breakouts on your face (or anywhere else).
7. L’Occitane Dry Oil Huile Sublime in Honey and Apricot
This product is great for all skin types, including sensitive ones.
It contains apricot and honey, which are both excellent ingredients for hydrating your skin.
This oil can be used on its own or mixed with other products in your skincare routine.
If you want to keep your skin feeling moisturized throughout the day, this lightweight oil will help you do that! It has a very subtle scent and absorbs quickly into the skin without leaving it greasy or oily.
8. Drunk Elephant TLC Sukari Babyfacial
The Drunk Elephant TLC Sukari Babyfacial is an at-home treatment that cleanses pores and exfoliates dead skin cells. It’s also formulated with glycolic acid, which can help improve the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
You can use it two to three times per week as part of your normal skincare routine or as needed—it’s designed to make a difference wherever you need it most, whether that’s on your cheeks or forehead or chin. You’ll be left with smoother, brighter skin!
The ingredients in this product include:
- Glycolic Acid: Cleanses pores and exfoliates dead skin cells; helps fade acne scars; increases collagen production for plumper skin; improves texture and radiance by speeding up cell turnover rate (i.e., how quickly new cells replace old ones).
- Peg 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil: Absorbs easily into the skin without leaving a greasy residue behind; helps moisturize dry areas of your face such as around the eyes (a common trouble spot for mature women) while simultaneously lifting up sagging areas like under the eye bags so they appear less prominent over time (this ingredient also has anti-inflammatory properties which can help reduce swelling after surgery).
9. Tata Harper Repairative Moisturizer
Tata Harper’s Repairative Moisturizer is a lightweight cream intended to hydrate and nourish the skin.
It contains 13.5% honey and is formulated with a variety of other natural ingredients, including almond oil, beeswax, shea butter, and tomato extract. The product comes in a 1 oz / 30 mL bottle that costs $90 USD on Tata Harper’s website.
If you’re looking for an all-natural moisturizer with some serious moisture-boosting power behind it, you don’t have many options better than this one—but it might not be right for everyone’s needs.
If your skin is extremely dry or sensitive (or if you’re just feeling particularly adventurous), then we recommend giving this product a try—you might just find yourself loving it!
Can honey clog pores?
Honey does not clog pores, but you always need to make sure that you are removing the honey completely from your face after applying any face masks, creams, or treatments containing honey. Because leftover honey can attract dirt and lead to clogging pores.
Can I use honey on my face every day?
There is no harm in using honey every day, the more you incorporate it into your skincare routine and apply it regularly to your skin, the quicker you will see results.
To sum up
Honey is a great skincare ingredient for many reasons. It’s soothing, moisturizing, and full of antioxidants.
It can be used on the face and body to hydrate and protect against environmental damage from free radicals. The best part about honey is that it’s natural so there are no harmful side effects associated with using it!