Introduction: The Importance of Skincare For Men
Skincare is not just a women’s thing. Men should care about their skin too! This is why we have made this article for you to get on a skincare routine for men!
With the rise of social media, men are starting to realize the importance of skincare routine and now they are finally catching up with the trend. The main reason for this change is the awareness of how important skin health is and what it can do for your appearance.
Skincare is a part of self-care and it has been proven to have a positive impact on your mental health as well. Men who take care of their skin will not only look better but they will also feel better too!
It’s no longer about just shaving or going to the barbershop, but also taking care of your skin, which is one of the most important parts of your body.
Follow along to start your skincare routine today!
How To Have a Set Skincare Routine For Men
Starting a new skincare routine for men can be a bit confusing in the beginning, but once you find what works for you, everything becomes easier.
The key is finding the right products that suit your skin type and have ingredients that will benefit your skin. It should be easy to use and it can be done in less than 10 minutes every day.
Step 1: Facial Cleanser
We all know that you have been using hand soap as a facial wash, but let us pretend that this never happened and move on for the sake of our sanity!
Using a facial cleanser should be a regular step before starting and after ending your day. The goal is to use a facial cleanser that is suitable for your skin type.
If you have dry skin, then you should use a cleanser with moisturizing ingredients.
If you have oily skin, then you should use a gel cleanser with oil-controlling ingredients.
If you have sensitive skin, then you should avoid cleansers that have fragrances and alcohol.
It is important to use the right technique when cleansing the face.
Gently wet your hands with warm water and massage the cleanser into your hands before applying it to your face. You should not rub dry but pat dry with a soft tissue not a towel as this can cause micro-tears in the skin which will lead to inflammation and breakouts.
Step 2: Eye Cream
The first place men typically notice signs of aging, is around the eyes, but eye creams can help with that.
The skin around the eye is thinner than the skin on the rest of your face, so it’s important to apply eye cream with concentrated ingredients to keep it moisturized.
In general, you should apply eye cream every morning and every evening. The best time to apply it is after cleansing your face and before you go to bed. You can also put some on during the day if you’re feeling dry or tired-looking.
There are a few things that you need to know about how to use eye cream:
- Start by cleansing your face and patting it dry with a paper towel.
- Apply eye cream in a clockwise motion starting from the inner corner of your eye and working your way outwards.
- Use the tip of your ring finger or pinky finger to apply the product gently around the delicate area near the eyelid.
- Apply as many times as you need throughout the day to keep your eyes hydrated.
Step 3: Moisturizer
Moisturizing is important for everyone, and it is especially important for men because their skin is thicker and oilier than women’s.
Moisturizing the skin on your face is essential to maintain a healthy appearance and feel, it can also help with preventing breakouts and conditions like eczema.
You should use moisturizers every day to keep your skin looking healthy and youthful. You should also use a moisturizer after shaving to protect the newly exposed skin.
There are many different brands of moisturizers on the market specifically for men. Some brands are designed to be used in conjunction with shaving cream, while others are designed to be used alone.
How to apply a moisturizer:
- Apply a pea-sized amount onto the back of your hand. (Sometimes a little goes a long way, so don’t squeeze out too much).
- Start by applying small dots onto different areas of your face.
- Blend the face cream by gently massaging your face in an upward, circular motion.
- Consider applying face cream on your neck too as it tends to show signs of aging fast.
Step 4: SPF
Sunscreen is an important part of your skin care routine. It protects you from the sun’s harmful UV rays and reduces the risk of skin cancer. Applying SPF is a vital step to preventing skin damage and premature aging.
The SPF (sun protection factor) indicates how well a sunscreen will protect your skin from UVB rays, which cause sunburns and the most common form of skin cancer, basal cell carcinoma. The higher the SPF number, the more protection you are getting from UVB rays.
There are 2 types of sunscreen: chemical and physical blockers. Chemical blockers contain organic compounds which absorb UV radiation in order to prevent it from reaching your skin cells; Physical blockers work by deflecting or reflecting the sun’s rays away from your body, as a mirror does.
Apply SPF on all parts of your body that are exposed to the sun, including ears, nose, back of the knees, and shoulders.
7 Pro Tips on How to Save Money In Your Skincare Routine
Do you want your skin to be healthy? Do you want it to glow? Are you also on a budget and don’t have the money to go and buy every single product in the market that will change your skin for the better and make your life a whole lot easier?
Well, you’re not alone!
We, too, want healthy-looking skin with a glow that will make it seem as if we had our life together.
Here are 7 tips on how to save money on your skin:
- Protect your skin now by applying SPF on a daily basis so you won’t have to pay for pricey treatments later on.
- Know your skin type so you won’t have to fix the mistakes of applying the wrong face cream to your face.(For e.g.: if you have sensitive skin and apply a face cream with harsh ingredients, then you’ll have to buy another face cream while also having to buy an ointment to heal the rash).
- Limit the number of steps in your skincare routine so you won’t have to buy a whole lot of products.
- Apply products as required and do not apply excessively so as not to finish the products quickly.
- If possible, get your hands on samples before buying the actual-sized product in order for you to know if it suits your skin, thus saving money.
- Get enough sleep so your skin can look well-rested.
- Drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated.
Remember that it can take up to two weeks for a new product to work its way into your skin and make it look better but be patient, it will happen!